|Published||November 20, 2023|
|Expires||December 11, 2023|
|Location||Central Kenya, Kenya|
|Category||Sales & Marketing|
TERRITORY SALES REPRESENTATIVE - CENTRAL
REPORTING TO: SALES & MARKETING HEAD
BUDGET: KES 50,000-70,000
Our client in the FMCG industry provides high-quality products mainly in the food, personal care, home care, beverages, & baby care categories. They are looking to hire competent Territory Sales Representatives in the Nairobi, Nakuru, Central, Eldoret, Kisumu, and Kisii regions.
The incumbent will be accountable for effectively managing and achieving the territorial targets through retailing and order-taking. They would also be responsible for new client prospecting, qualifying, and increasing distribution width and depth through route selling in their area of jurisdiction.
In addition, planning and marketing activities in the territory, including below-the-line activities.
- Route to market
- Distribution management
- Territory management
- Sales management
- Selling aids management
- Customer management
- Effective communication
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Route to market
- To recruit all trading outlets in the territory are of jurisdiction.
- To classify the outlets into their convenient types e.g., kiosk. small dukas, large dukas, wholesalers, supermarkets, convenience stores etc.
- Understand the profile of a good customer.
- Ensure that the distributor maintains proper records.
- Use distributor records to analyze and understand territory performance.
- Train and develop distributor and bicycle sales representative.
- Know the geographical area of distributor coverage.
- Understand the socio-economic conditions.
- Plan and implement a territorial itinerary with guidance from the sales manager.
- Maximize sales potential.
- Understand and appreciate sales targets and ensure continuous achievement.
- Ensure proper use of wholesale infrastructure and resources to deliver sales.
- Break down sales into customer classifications.
Selling aids management
- Ensure that selling aid material is properly utilized for intended purposes.
- Account, as may be required, for any selling aids.
- Understand and implement the merchandising concept.
- Customer management.
- Understand and appreciate big and small customers.
- Use of commercial arguments when dealing with customers.
- Ability to handle objections and complaints.
- Ability to clearly, and effectively communicate verbally, written and visually.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND TRAITS
- Degree or Diploma in Sales, Marketing or any business-related field
- 2+ years of experience in sales, marketing, or business development.
- Sound knowledge & understanding of retail sales and working with dealers.
- Presentation and Communication Skills.
- Proficient in various computer software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Data Analysis Skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to take initiative in tasks.
- Strong Communication Skills.
To apply, kindly submit your application on our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) at ats.flexi-personnel.com by 25th NOVEMBER 2023 under the TERRITORY SALES REPRESENTATIVE - CENTRAL job posting.
All applicants are advised to adhere to the application guidelines for consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.