Special Needs Teacher (Autism Specialization)
|Published||May 26, 2023|
|Expires||June 26, 2023|
|Location||Old Naivasha Road, Maai Mahiu, Nakuru County, Kenya|
|Category||Education and Training|
Ubuntu Life Foundation
Vacant Position: Special Needs Teacher (Autism Specialization)
Purpose of the Job: The SNE teacher will be responsible for developing and fostering necessary skills and social abilities to enable learners with disabilities to achieve optimum development according to age, ability and aptitude.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Teaching of children and especially those with disabilities, in our facility so as to improve the quality of education by implementing the curriculum.
- Collaborating with parents and school staff to track students’ progress.
- Assess students’ abilities and craft teaching plans.
- Adapt learning materials to students’ needs.
- Keep track of and reflect on students’ progress.
- Monitor children’s behavioral patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed.
- Find engaging activities to teach skills (e.g. drawing and theater drama).
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict.
- Prepare students for transition to the next phase of learning.
- Inform parents about their children’s performance and potential problems.
- Coach/mentor other professionals who work with children with disabilities.
- Collaborate with the support staff (e.g. school counselors and speech therapists) to create holistic intervention plans.
- Working with the school management and other stakeholders to ensure meaningful participation of SNE learners in all aspects of education.
- Training SNE learners in co-curriculum activities.
- Continuous Assessment of the SNE learners and handing over their reports to the Head of school.
- Helping the SNE learners in whatever form of support they may need, physical, emotional and psychological.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Special Needs Education (Autism).
- A minimum of Two (2) Years working experience.
- Experience working with Autistic children is an added advantage.
- A great team player.
How to apply:
All candidates should channel their application letters and resumes to this email email@example.com.